What we collect
The personal data that we collect may include, where permitted, the following information:
- contact information including email address
- Telephone number
- your preferences and interests
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Your photographic and video images, for example CCTV footage
We collect your personal data from the following sources:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our website or any information you submit to us including via the website, e mail or in store ( eg participating in offers, competitions or promotions )
- Information you provide to us when requesting products and services
- Records of correspondence via the website, e mail, telephone or other means
- Your responses to surveys or customer research that we carry out
- Details of your visits to the website including, mited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
- CCTV camera
When you visit the website we may collect the following types of information, this predominantly is used to understand how our website is used so that we can improve and ( where appropriate) tailor visitors experiences on our site to their particular interests.
- Your IP address which is the unique identifier for your computer on the internet
- The browser you are using on the internet and any particular plug ins you have for it
- Your operating system and its version
- How you arrived at our website ( eg an internet search or a link on another site)
- How you move through our website including how many clicks you made to move around, how long you stayed on a page, and other general page interaction information
- What videos you watched and how long you watched them
- Which pop up messages, adverts or push notifications you have or responded to.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. See cookies section
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Customising the website according to your interests ( where you allow us to do so.)
- Providing products and services or information on products and services to satisfy your requests and our legal obligations.
- Communicating with you regarding products or services which you have requested from us.
- Improving our products and services.
- Sending promotional e mails including newsletters about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting ( where we are allowed to do so.)
- Sending you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting (where we are allowed to do so.)
- Administering any offers, competitions or promotions which you have entered.
- Market research
- Protecting your safety and security when at any of our locations.
- Internal record keeping.
- Complying with any legal, regulatory or contractual obligations that we have.
In order to fulfil some contractual arrangements with you we may have to use another company to process your data on our behalf. These companies are considered Data Processors and are always strictly controlled by contracts with us to ensure your information is protected and only processed as we say it can be. For more information, see our sharing your personal data section below.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Why we your personal information
The reasons that we process your personal information fall into four broad categories, these are:
Providing Products and Services
When you buy something from us, or request a service that we provide, you are entering a legal contract with us to supply goods and/or services. In order to fulfil that contract it is necessary to process your personal data, for example payment card data or address for delivery.
As part of running a business and providing products and services we process information for a range of reasons including reserving items, special orders, participation in events etc.
We process this information for the reasons of satisfying a contract with you, at your request. Also this is within our legitimate interests to run an efficient and profitable business. Failure to provide any information that is required for legal or contractual reasons may mean we are unable to fulfil any contract with you.
Where it is allowed under the Law we may process your information to understand your interests or preferences. This way we can tailor the presentation of the website, content of e mails, or information specifically to you. We may also directly e mail you information relating to our products and services which we think you may find interesting.
We conduct marketing activities based on your consent and/or your previous relationship with us as a customer.
If you do not wish to receive this information, please contact us about opting out.
Certain processing is performed so that we can comply with any legal obligations placed on us as a business. Examples include accounting and tax records.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place certain procedures. We have included physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computers hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by recalling your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about traffic to improve our website and thus improve the experience. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then data is removed the system.
Overall cookies help provide you with a better website. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other sites of interest. However once you have used these links to leave our site we do not have any control over these sites. Therefore we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time. The easiest way to change your preferences is by writing to or e mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights over your personal information
We will assist you if you choose to exercise any of your rights over your personal data, including:
- Withdrawing your previously granted consent ( this does not invalidate processing conducted on any previously granted consent)
- Access to your personal data
- Correction of any personal data that is incorrect or out of date
- Erasure of your personal data.
- Restricting our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Exercising your ” the right to portability” of your personal data
- Objecting to processing conducted under our legitimate interests
- Contesting a decision made by automated decision making and requesting a human review.
- Filing a complaint with any relevant Data Protection Authority
For more information on these rights you can write to us at:
1 The Avenue Kidsgrove, Stoke on Trent ST7 1AD or contacting us at email@example.com
If you would like a copy of your personal information that we hold please contact us using the methods above.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete please write to or e mail us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How long we keep your information
We keep your information for as long as you are opted into marketing, rewards scheme, offers or loyalty schemes which we may run. We otherwise keep your data for as long as you permit us to do so or to comply with any legal obligations placed on us including business record keeping.
THE JOLLY BREWER LTD, 1 THE AVENUE, KIDSGROVE, STOKE ON TRENT ST7 1AD
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.